Friday, April 6, 2012

Getting to the beach.....finally

It was such a beautiful day yesterday. It was cool but the clouds were big and fluffy and the sky was a deep clear blue. Ive been feeling rather out of sorts lately from all the rain, snow, hail and dreary weather. So when I saw the sun, and it stayed out, I thought I want to be outside. I didn't feel like working in the garden tho. It dawned on me that even tho I live down the street from the beach and  I see it all the time......I haven't been on it in over a year!
And so I got in my car and drove along the coast a bit looking for a new place to explore. I brought my camera hoping to find some interesting things to shoot since we have had so many storms. Its spring break too so there were lots of people out on the beach. I decided to stop at one of the parks where its usually insanely busy during tourist season. Since its off season I could park ez and wander. Seems everyone was busy on the beach tho..kids digging and building things with the rocks and can you see the hearts someone drew in the sand?
This was looking north towards home. I can never get enough of this, its just such raw beauty.
I was wandering along and enjoying the sound of the waves crashing and the smell of the sea, totally lost in it. I realized that this has been a wasted year because I can see this any time. I missed it so much. And then I felt drawn to look up and what I saw made me sick. .............Chemtrails. Poisoning of our air and waters by our own govt. Yes they are doing it. This makes people sick so the rich pharmas and ins. get to make money off us. It is not a contrail......they dissipate quickly. Chemtrails spread out and linger in the air for hrs. Often you see many of them criss crossing in the sky. Look it up, Im not kidding. This has to stop and the only way is for everyone to get angry and fight it.
I decided tho not to let those chemtrails ruin my day. So I wandered on the beach more....there's lots of stuff on it from the storms. This huge log, just laying in the sand. The good thing is lots of these make nice places to rest when your on a long walk.
There was lots of sea-foam stirred up too. I love it. Looks like someone emptied a bubble bath on the shore.
With the sun shining on it, it was so colorful. It sparkled like jewels on the sand when you got close to it.
Even this rock looked stunning surrounded by the foam. It had a bluish sparkly look to it.
Whole seaweeds washed up and dried out on the beach. Looked like strange creatures till you got close to it.
And this massive tree trunk from an ancient tree was sitting there too. I was amazed at the size of it. Imagine the power of the ocean to be able to move it and plop it down right there. This is one of the reasons they tell you around here not to turn your back on the ocean. Many logs and such get tossed on the beach and folks get hurt.
On the opposite side of weight are these cute lil sea-foam balls on the beach. When a breeze blows they skip across the sand like wild tumbleweeds.
And there's always all kinds of trees and driftwood too.
At one point I decided to park myself on a log and just enjoy the moment. It wasn't till I got up that I saw this on the back side of the log. ........lovers on the beach.....so classic.
And this was the log I sat on........look at that beautiful texture worn by the sea. I love it!
And finally spring is coming. Its late this yr. But the cliffs are starting to bloom.
And the sea grasses are returning too. Signs of spring sprouting up everywhere now.
And the kite people return...........this area is famous for its wind so there's kite festivals that happen and lots of kids having fun.
Some kites are so beautiful too. That red one up there looks like a big dragonfly.
And my lil buddies were around too. I just love the sound of the seagulls. To me when I hear them I feel like Im home. Ive always loved the beach wherever I roamed in the world.
And this is looking up the river from the ocean. This is the shortest river in the USA. It comes from a lake on the other side of that bridge.
My lil buddies were enjoying that river. It was moving pretty fast too.
And here's where it comes out ........right into the ocean. I didn't have to walk at all, just turn from the entrance to the end lol Its that short . :)
On the walk back to my car, someone was making a fire on the beach. I asked him if he was going to cook cuz he seemed so serious about making it. He laughed. 
And more of my lil buddies, they were sleeping on the pavement, sucking up the heat. When I drove by, none of them moved so I decided to stop and take a picture. Of course just at the moment some got up lol. But during the busy season they cant do this. ....too many people.
And these are the treasures I brought back from my walk this time. I collect heart shaped rocks and found the small one. Its barely a heart tho. So I asked Mother Nature to please find me a big one and she gifted me with the other. It is a big as my palm....and almost perfect. Mother is generous. :) And then a funky piece of driftwood Ill put in my garden. That last one is a weird looking rock. looks like layers of clay but it is a rock, I just dont know what kind. Im so glad I decided to go out and get the dust blown off me. I dont know why I waited so long.

2 comments:

  1. I think everything is right in the world when you can get to the beach. Pup and I went to the river today -- it's cold up here but she wanted to swim anyway. Just looking at the open space and water opens the heart and mind. You need to get there every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great shots ... and I just love those cloud shots in the first three ... many thanks ... : )

    ReplyDelete