Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Trying to drum up some good stuff...


I'm trying to drum up some holiday spirit here.........gonna be probably the worst holiday Ive ever had and my spirit is so down. And so today I decided I really need to get those pumpkins cooked . I started it and realized I was really sick of tv so I turned the music on my cable to the Christmas music.

Now normally I cant stand it....I usually only listen to it when its close to the holiday. But I did this and it seems to be working. I got two pumpkins cut up and roasted and also the seeds to it. I still have 4 more to cook but Ill be working on them tomorrow. Now I have a ham in the oven for dinner.

Then my friend gave me 3 pumpkins. I thought she was just giving me one till she heard what I do with them lol. And so Ill bake them off and bag hers up so she can freeze them. I told her Ill make some pumpkin butter with one of them for her too. Shes always giving me things and helping me so its ok.

And my bf loves pumpkin seeds and he will have plenty after this week . First batch is done now. I just salted these. But I think the next batch Ill make the Vampire ones.......they have Worcestershire and garlic :)

But my bf and I are actually listening to this music as we putter around the house here. Hes singing silly words to some of the songs and whistling some...I'm just plain singing. So many of them are the oldies I grew up with.....Perry Como, Burl Ives, Jimmy Durante, Dean Martin so many classics that just never seem to go out of style. Some my dad used to sing and it reminded me of him. Of course dad always changed the words and they weren't always nice lolol .....but I loved it.

And then there's I saw Mommy Kissing Santa one......and others and if they play Gramma got run over by a Reindeer that will remind me of mom.


And then here's one of my very favorite ones.....gotta be the Eartha Kitt one tho.....its sexy. lol Then there was the classic Perry Como ,,,,Drummer Boy.....now if they would just play Nat King Cole's ....Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire.....that is my all time fav.....altho it might make me cry too . lol

So now I'm on FB playing a game (OMG) I never do that but got hooked on their Bejeweled version. I love that game. And the house smells good like ham....and the music is playing ............and I think my mood has improved some. Now if I can just hang onto it till Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. You are a busy bee!
    I hope you find that December is brighter than ever and your mood lifts and stays high!
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stopping in to wish you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete