Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday and it makes me blue...

As I watch whats going on in the world I get sicker and sicker. Society is making me sick. This insanity of Black Friday has permeated our society so deep that people cannot see what greed and corporations have done to them.

I read about fights happening, someone getting shot even and even a customer pepper spraying others. And now on a conservative site I read something again that made me sick . But I didn't dare say anything because I knew they would attack me too. It was about the Occupiers going to target all the stores from now thru Dec. 26. And them yelling at the occupiers to get a job! OMG.

I read the comments about others working,  because they wanted to. And that's fine if it doesn't bother them. But many are working thru those days because they have no choice. Many stores make employees work extra hrs then. While I would be grateful to have a job do I want my whole life to be a job? NO. No one does.

Holidays are meant to spend with family and friends. If we are given these holidays to enjoy then how can we if we have to work on them? Its a Catch 22 and really not fair. Now before some of you start yelling these people should be working....some of us out there in the world have been looking a very long time and NOT FINDING ANY JOBS. So you cannot assume all the people there are not looking either. And I find  that those who have jobs are the most verbal about this.

I say ... BE GRATEFUL YOU HAVE A JOB, MANY DO NOT. That doesn't give anyone the right to tell others how to live or throw stones at them for what THEY assume of others.

Many years ago there was something called Blue Laws. Sunday's were sacred and no one worked on them. Funny how everyone got everything done anyway even with no access to the corp. world for ONE day. Holidays still happened and dinners were still made, families got together too. And Holidays the stores were CLOSED.

Somehow tho the corp. greed got out of hand and infiltrated minds until they think this is normal . And those out there doing this on these days yell at everyone else, thinking they are lazy, stupid or whatever. Life was NOT meant to be lived this way. IT wasn't when I was a kid and even more so when my parents were kids. In fact when I see how it is now......it reminds me of the things Ive seen back in the day of child labor and immigrants being forced to work long hrs daily, no days off for minimum pay.

Its happened again and now the greedy ones have you all under their thumbs and you don't even see it. They have you doing the dirty work for them now, attacking those who want to have a day off to be with family. They have you believing you need all this crap  that you have to shop on this day for great sales. They are not great sales people. They could put those prices out anytime but they don't because they are trying to make as much money as they can.

And all you shopping lemmings have fallen for the corporate greed. I think Occupy has the right idea about targeting the stores. You don't have to agree but I think you should look at the rest of this post . Go sit down somewhere and have a good long think ........about life and what insane direction the powers that be are making you live it.

We don't need all this crap they are pushing. And if you didn't buy it....they wouldn't need to push people to live ungodly ways working crazy hrs..........just to eat and care for their family. Its slave labor once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment