Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bohemian me....

Bohemian Chic: While this is a bit too rustic for me it has the elements of things I like, Victorian, romantic and country. This is from the Magnolia Pearl site. She designs bohemian clothing from old textiles and prints and some of her stuff is gorgeous, some is over the top for me. But its the flavor of what she does and who she is that speaks to me. Check out her site for more bohemian stuff.......she did her traveling trailer like a Gypsy caravan.....inside is wild too but there are elements I like. Mine will never be that over the top but I can see me using some bits. (I think it just speaks to the Hungarian in me..... :)  )

I'm finding myself drawn to some interesting mixes of decor online. Ive never really been one to put a label on my style...until now. While it does look Victorian in places, romantic in others and even country in other spots.....I don't think I have just one style anymore. I like so many things. Victorian is pretty but tooooo cluttered. Romantic is so girly and fem but too too pink and over done. And country is just too farm house and practical for me. So I feel I do a mix. And after wandering online, I think the name Bohemian fits me.
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
B O H E M I A : {noun}
1. a community of persons with artistic or literary tastes who adopt manners and mores conspicuously different from those expected or approved of by the majority of society,
2. the district in which bohemians live.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I've been accused of being different by others in my family. I always say I'm the black sheep cuz I do stuff my family wouldn't  and I am not afraid to try new things. I tend to collect what others don't but a funny thing happens to me. Once I start to collect it, others start doing that and make it too expensive for me to continue my collections lol. And so I have a bit of this and that. 

But long ago I realized I was different and decided I liked it. Why be just like everyone else? Its not that I like to be center of attention or stand out. But why do I have to like what everyone else does? I don't. And so I taught my kids that too, that its ok to be different and not everyone will like you. But it you have one good friend then you have more than most.

And so today while looking at some Bohemian decor I felt inspired with my house. I don't have any cash right now to do anything. But I do have a lot of stuff around here I'm simply not using. I have some windows too that still do not have curtains. Those windows don't actually need them either but.....I have a few ideas. But I've been a bit stuck here since this house is very different from what I planned on getting. Its not Victorian like I hoped, not very romantic looking except for the view. ...and even not very country with the skylights and big windows overlooking the land with two small windows above it in typical trailer style lol. This isn't a trailer tho and I hate those windows and the wacky ceiling built in this place to accommodate them too.

But while this isn't a New Yrs. resolution it is something Ive decided to do this yr. Most houses Ive lived in I just never finished. I always said when I finish a house we seem to move so maybe that's why I didn't. And my dream house was finished, we spent the money to make it that way and I ended up leaving that one cuz he wouldn't sell it to me. So finishing a house is a bit scary to me.

But when I moved up here I told myself this will be the last house I ever live in. This is where Ill finish out my life. And so its time to finish this one the best I can right now with no money. I have a chandelier that needs to be finished being cleaned and then hung. Its still sitting in the closet. I have a kitchen with lg . areas over the cabinets to decorate that would look fabulous when done. I keep avoiding them tho cuz I just hate hate hate this paint color. But maybe I wouldn't hate it so much if I covered most of it up with stuff up there.

And I don't have curtains in the kitchen, don't really mind that cuz I have a fabulous view and nobody can really see in. But maybe a little valance to finish off the window would be nice. My laundry room is a very used room and a nice size...right now it keeps getting filled with overflow stuff from the kitchen like canning pots and such. I was going to use it as my craft room . I don't think that is going to happen. But it does need some curtains since there's 3 big windows in there. And again no one can see in really but it does feel too exposed in there. I saw a great idea someone had of using old linens as curtains and I have lots of those. So I think its time I made some for that room.

However my sewing machine is still in the garage lol.....and I'm pondering making the guest room, my craft room. After all we rarely have over night guests so that room pretty much never gets used. So I think I'll set the machine up in there. The man has his man cave so why shouldn't I have a room of my own?

Yup its time to get this house done. And I'm gonna make it MY house, decorating it my way even if its not magazine worthy. I don't know why I didn't ever do that in the first place. Its like I always felt it had to be a certain way so people would like it. But really, who cares what people think? They don't live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment