Saturday, October 27, 2012

Signs in the sky

The weather has been weird here too. Yesterday it poured again. I was going to go to the in-laws but changed my mind when it started to thunder. I figured a big storm was rolling in because we rarely get that. In fact I thought the first rumble was just a truck going down my street, even the dog barked. She does that when Fedex comes here.

And so I got off the computer, sat in my chair and waited for the storm to pass. We never got any lightning tho....which I found very strange.......just lots of rumbles of thunder and tons of rain. And then I fell asleep for two hrs. I know I didn't sleep good the night before so I guess I needed it.

And so I did a few things, and then my bf came home. I made dinner, a Cajun Jambalaya which was pretty good. (which is on my Mermaids Treasures blog) As usual, sometime after that we wander over to our chairs and got comfy , watching tv. My house is on a hill and I have 3 big windows that look out over the hills and the lake. This time of yr the trees are thinning out so I can see much more by the lake. And from that direction, when its dark, I can see cars coming down the road towards town. Their headlights come from the right to the left.

 Out of the corner of my eye tho, a light caught it and it was weird. A long streak from left to right....totally opposite of what I normally see...and it was very low streaking across the lake. ( If you look at the top pic, you might see a tiny star below the moon. That's how low the streak of light was heading down toward the lake. And it was big.)I was stunned for a moment then asked my bf........did you see that? I think it was a meteor. He said he did and said he saw one earlier when he was outside smoking. And then I remembered the meteor showers that were supposed to happen this past weekend. It rained here so we never saw it. I think this might have been part of that. It was awesome tho!
 And then I noticed the moon outside so I got my camera, wrapped up in my blanket and went outside on my porch. It was cold but clear with some clouds passing over the moon. Its not full yet but will be soon. And I love trying to get interesting moon shots. So I took a bunch and these on my page here today were the best. I'm still trying to get the hang of this big camera.

So I came in did my photos and sat back down in my chair. And then it started to lightening! Flashes now and then which shocked me cuz I was just out there and saw nothing. And this time there was just that and NO thunder.

Signs in the sky today for me.........weird.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing moon photos.
    I am sitting here in the middle of hurricane Sandy and its pretty awful right now.

    ReplyDelete